Are you looking for a job? Did you send your resume in to a potential employer? Keep one thing in mind – Everything you do and every conversation you have – IS AN INTERVIEW. Whether you are talking to the Manager, to Human Resources or to the Front Desk Receptionist, Everything is an interview.
- Do not have a weird font or graphics on your resume
- Do not have an unprofessional voicemail
- Do not have an unprofessional email id
- When meeting someone for coffee to network, dress professional and pay for the coffee
- Be prepared – expect that person calling you to be an Hiring Manager
- Respect and professionalism
- Social Media – keep it professional. Companies will search your social media, be prepared and delete the party pictures from college.
When being interviewed or considered for a job, you are under a microscope. A lot of times the companies will look for a reason not to hire you instead of reasons to hire you. Do not give them a reason. The little things you do, do matter: Hold the door open when walking into a room or building, have good eye contact when speaking, have a firm hand shake, sit-up in your chair and speak slowly and clearly and thank them for their time and consideration.
Your resume will get you in the door but how you portray yourself will get you the job.