Many company’s have gatherings, summer picnics and/or holiday parties. This is a great chance for you to make a name for yourself and get to know others, in your company, by doing it the right way. Do not be “that” employee who regrets what they said, did or acted like in front of everyone.
Below are some tips of things to do and to stay away from:
- Sit with others you normally do not work with, on a daily basis.
- Spread out and network with others in the company. Introduce yourself to others – who you do not know.
- Do Not Drink! Have a coke or juice. There is no rule that says you have to drink at these functions. If you do drink – I recommend stopping after one.
- This is still a work function – Be Professional. Don’t be that person everyone is talking about the next day at the office.
- No flirting. This is not a dating event.
This is your chance to maybe meet some other managers, directors or even C-Level Executives. Be professional, network and use this moment to build your career. Don’t ruin it with a stupid mistake.