Did you hear the News, On Thursday December 8th, 2011 – they released a new Twitter (a redesign). I did read somewhere they are releasing it to the masses and everyone should have the new release within a month or so. I came in this morning, logged in and VOILA – I had the new design.
Most exciting is the ability to embed your tweets. What does embed mean? This will allow you to copy and paste the HTML code into a blog or website. (see example of embedded tweet at bottom of this post). You can include the tweet directly into a third-party site. This will also give you the same functionality as a normal tweet.
Steps to Embed your Tweet:
- Make sure you have the NEW Twitter Redesign
- Click on your Name (It should be highlighted and in the upper left hand column). It is next to your avatar. This should take you to your profile page. Once on your profile page, you will see your Bio. on top of the page, your tweets to the right and the list of folders on the left.
- Next open the Tweet you wish to Embed by clicking on Open, on that tweet. This will expand the tweet – giving you more options to do with it.
- After the tweet is opened – you should see the link, near the bottom of the tweet – that says Details. Click on that.
- Now the only thing on your webpage should be that tweet.
- You will see a new link at the bottom of that tweet – Embed this tweet. click here
- You should see the HTML Code. You can choose how you want it aligned in your site (left, right or center).
- Copy the code and then go to your third party site and paste away. See below where I posted a tweet and how it looks – VERY COOL.
#Recruiters are the person you need most when you least Expect it.Do you know 2 Recruiters in your industry?
— Bruce Rowles (@RecruiterFiles) December8, 2011